6. All drivers should be requires to have a background check-- UNIVERSAL Background Checks- even in the case of someone being willed grandfather's old car. The person buying could have a background of speeding or DUI
7. Ban the private sale or transfer of autos, and all internet sales. The person buying the car MUST have a background check. This includes all "car shows" - OK so even though all car dealers at car shows may be licensed dealers AND they would already do a background check, who cares. You can buy parts at shows and that means a bad driver "could" get a hold of a car at a show.
8. Ban all vehicles that are in theory even capable of exceeding the highest local speed limit. No one "needs" that type of car.
9. We must limit AAA. The problem is they are to powerful. EVERY TIME a multiple vehicle accident occurs it is because of their members and the lobbying power they have. If it wasn't for their political influence and stranglehold on Congress and State Legislative bodies there would not be such a problem.
10. A 5 day waiting period on all car sales.
From what I understand, these are all VERY reasonable measures - and any car owner should support them. I have also heard that banning the private ownership of ANY vehicle is a valid argument- trust your local city "professional's" to take care of you. To hell with any emergency where having a car could help- there are professional's out there- just wait.
If you haven't picked up on my sarcasm, well you should. You should probably also know that I am really talking about "gun control." EVERY example I have listed as a reasonable idea, is actually a "reasonable" proposal from gun control advocates.
The big difference between cars and guns? There were only 8124 homicides with guns in the US according to the FBI for the last full year data. That's only 31,000 less than the number of persons killed by autos.
Or maybe we really should be talking "car control".....